Momentary Month May

07:06

May, I'm kind of glad you're over, roll on June!

Monthly Movies
 
Unfriended - So if you caught the gorgeous Maisie Williams in Cyberbully, this movie is essentially a horror version of that. This feels like its going back to those 'so bad but good' nineties/noughties I Know what you did last summer style movies. Which in a weird way is kind of refreshing it feels like so many horror movies lately have been trying to be clever and swish and I don't know about you, but sometimes you just want a good ol slasher horror, right? Well I may be alone on that one...This movie is definitely not supposed to be taken seriously but I do love how it does have some new messages about online presence and community. If you like horror movies, you'll probably like this, it's definitely not ground-breaking but if you want to go a bit old school and see some teens get their comeuppance then this is for you, however if your squeamish then it probably isn't...
 


Mad Max - Ok so don't kill me but I've never seen the original movies to these...my bad! So I'm sorry I can't go into detail about how this new version compares however my boyfriend has informed me it still has the same style! Wow dudes this movie is crazy! Stunts and effects are impeccable, all action sequences are extremely intense and will have you on the edge of your seat. We didn't see this in 3D or IMAX as we were saving our pennies however I imagine this would be epic in either and really should be seen that way. There may have been a few dodgy Aussie accents going on at times but overall the performances were great, in my opinion Nicholas Hoults character definitely stole the show! If you like action/apocalyptic world/crazy stunts or if you're just a Tom Hardy fan this is for you.

 

 
Monthly Music
 
The Hush Sound - So this is pretty random because I was into this band when I was about 18 which was about 7 years ago now! However I rediscovered the album when I was sorting out my old room and I must say I'm still lovin it! This band is kinda random I guess they're an American indie rock band but they kinda have a jazzy vibe too. The album I have is 'Like Vines' and I loooove it, the songs all have a natural feel and most of them are feel good, with a couple of beautiful ballads too. Check it out!
 

 
 
Monthly Makeup

17 Mirror Shine Lipstick - Beehive - Another rediscovery, I haven't used this in ages and one day found it at the bottom of one of my makeup bags and omg I forgot how much I loved it, it is that perfect your lips but better shade. I never have to worry about it, it just gradually fades like a lipbalm, it just seems to wake up my whole face and bring the whole look together - perfection.
 
Monthly Most Watched

Modern Family - So another month means another T.V show.... I feel like I've heard so many people talk about how much they love Modern Family and I've just never got round to watching it. Well this May that changed and just Wow guys this show is sooooo funny! We're already on season 2 and we've only been watching it a few weeks oops! If you like shows like The Office, this is for you, go, go watch it now!
 
Monthly Munchies
 
 Strawberries and Cream - So if you live in the UK you'll be aware of our obsession with the fact the weather is getting (slightly) better and summer is nearly here. To honour this British spirit I've been loving Strawberries and cream this month, oooooh yes!
 
 
Monthly Memories
 
Well I'm not going to lie it's been a pretty stressful month, I've had to hand in all my final assignments and had all my last assessments at college this month so I feel like I haven't really stopped. We also had a major project where we constructed a large Great Gatsby display, this was so fun and we were really happy with the result.
 
 
 
Apart from that it's been a pretty quiet month, however I do have some exciting travel news! My Canadian roommate at Disney is getting married in August and we were invited to the wedding we weren't sure whether it could happen or not....however this month we decided to go for it! We will also be having a little trip to Iceland and driving through the northern states of the U.S.A as well as Canada :P So get ready for some travel related posts, we've missed travelling so much so it will be great to get back on the road again :)
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Search this blog